Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sick baby James

We got Chick-fil-A on the way home yesterday and James ate three bites and wouldnt eat any more. I offered him all kinds of stuff when we got home and he wasnt interested. Very unusual for him. He likes to eat. He went down without any noticeable differences.

This morning D and I both commented on James being a bit off. He didnt eat anything but two prunes. I offered him everything.

I got a call at 11:35 from his teacher saying he didnt eat lunch which shocked her. She took his temp and it was 101. I picked him up and called the doc. The nurse called me back and said to keep him hydrated and watch his temp. If it stays high and doesnt respond to meds, call back. There are record numbers of sick kids at the Dell Children's Hospital. They saw 404 kids in a day yesterday. The news said that there were 11,000 cases of flu reported in Travis county in three days. I am guessing James has the flu.

The nurse told me to quaratine James in his room. Only let one adult in there and not let him have any contact with other members of the family. YEAH RIGHT! What will he do in there? I guess I am supposed to move a TV in there? Not going to happen. Yes, I hope Helen doesnt get it, but that is extreme.

Lee is coming down to take Luke to ACL. There is a 70% chance of rain. All I can say is that I am glad its not me.

Things have been off around here for two weeks. I just want to get to the grocery store. :)

Helen said, "MOM, quick.....we've got a BIG SPILL over here. We've got pop corn all over the place!" They were eating their snack on the couch together.